A generation on the rise
Goal 3 - Native Hawaiian Identity
Cultivate a strong Native Hawaiian identity to instill confidence and resiliency in our learners and to inform decision making and actions within our organization, for the improvement of the well-being of the lāhui.
- Educational programs built on Native Hawaiian identity achieving higher impact on the Educational Pathway Milestone targets
- Cultural knowledge, understanding, and a unified set of cultural principles (which includes values, practices, language, history, oral traditions, etc.) that are integrated in system-wide expectations, professional development opportunities, and outcomes
- Lands and resources that meet or exceed educational, financial, cultural, community, and sustainability targets
- Align education systems, programs, and services to a unified set of cultural principles.
- Align business practices and stewardship of resources (people, lands, assets) to a unified set of cultural principles.
- Support, cooperate, and collaborate with community members and organizations that share a vision and commitment to the collective well-being of the lāhui Hawai‘i.
- Manage our resources and lands to enhance prudent and sustainable use, responsible stewardship, and supportive community relationships.