KS guidelines for band and singing
Follow all applicable state and county guidelines.
If the activity takes place outdoors:
Any person(s) singing and/or playing a wind instrument, etc. shall maintain physical distancing of at least ten (10) feet from any other person(s) while singing and/or playing a wind instrument, etc. Members of the same performing group singing and/or playing a wind instrument, etc. may be closer than ten (10) feet together while performing, provided the group consists of less than ten (10) persons.
- Rehearsals should be conducted in “pods” of students with the same 5-10 students always rehearsing together.
- Student should be spaced at minimum of 3 step intervals (22.5” per step) for all drill and on field formations.
If the activity takes place indoors:
A physical barrier (e.g., plexiglass) of sufficient size to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 shall separate any person(s) singing and/or playing a wind instrument, etc. from any other person(s), but not including members of the same performing group.
- All students shall bring their own water bottles. Water bottles must not be shared.
- Hydration stations (water troughs, water fountains, etc) should not be utilized.
- Shared equipment should be wiped down thoroughly before and after use.
- String, percussion, and keyboard instruments present fewer hygienic issues that can be solved simply by the player washing their hands before and after use for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Events and concerts
Group people into tiers from essential to non-essential and decide which tiers will be allowed at an event:
- Tier 1 (Essential): Student participants, directors, adjudicators, event staff, medical staff, security
- Tier 2 (Preferred): Media
- Tier 3 (Non-essential): Spectators, vendors
Only Tier 1 and 2 personnel will be allowed to attend events until state/local health departments lift restrictions on mass gathering.
KS guidelines for school events, gatherings and activities
Follow all applicable state and county requirements for gatherings. Limit field trips and activities to those on-island activities that can support adhering to all safety protocols and comply with any applicable state and county requirements (e.g. 6 feet social distancing, proper hand hygiene cleaning and disinfection, etc.)