A generation on the rise
Goal 1 - Network of Native Hawaiian Schools
Deliver world-class, culture-based education through a network of Native Hawaiian schools, inclusive of our KS schools and Native Hawaiian charter and immersion schools.
- Integrated network of Native Hawaiian schools with formal alliances, mutual supports, and clear measurements
- Commitment by schools in the network to the Educational Pathway Milestone targets
- Learners at KS schools (including KS’ K–12 campuses and preschools) meeting or exceeding Educational Pathway Milestone targets for growth, academic achievement, cultural engagement, leadership, and service
- KS schools meeting or exceeding competitive targets for educator effectiveness, learning environment, school climate/engagement, and cultural vibrancy
- Collaborating charter and immersion schools meeting or exceeding peer and other defined targets (e.g., Hawaiian-focused Student Success Indicators and School Quality Framework)
- Engage and lead Native Hawaiian schools to form an integrated network.
- Create a framework for the network with an organizing vision, clear governance, and shared curriculum, instruction and assessments.
- Prioritize initiatives and action plans focused on the Educational Pathway Milestones.
- Develop data infrastructure and systems to support school quality.
- Lead network efforts to research and scale innovative programs and results.
- Improve learner achievement within a world-class KS school system.
- Set and support high expectations for academic growth and achievement.
- Provide service and cultural experiences that embed Christian values and a Hawaiian worldview leading to “good and industrious men and women.”
- Set and support high expectations for staff and learners to be leaders and agents of social change serving others in need.
- Actively engage families as partners in their learners’ development.
- Ensure quality support systems and learning environments.
- Collaborate with other schools to learn and share practices that result in stronger student learning.
- Strategically collaborate with Native Hawaiian charter and immersion schools that share our vision and demonstrate commitment to improving learner outcomes.
- Develop and implement shared action plans within the network of Native Hawaiian schools to build greater sustainability.
- Support schools to provide effective instruction, systems, and positive learning environments to increase learner success.