A generation on the rise
Goal 2 - Improved Educational System
Contribute to communities’ collective efforts to improve our education systems for Native Hawaiian learners to achieve the Educational Pathway Milestones.
- Highly-engaged communities in all regions, resulting in aligned priorities, impactful delivery of programs, shared supports, and progress under the Educational Pathway Milestones
- Collective Impact agreements established with key partners (e.g., DOE, UH, etc.) to align initiatives and assure long-term success under the Educational Pathway Milestones
- Broad community understanding and engagement in improving the educational system
- In regions with high need and broad community support and commitment to shared results for positive change:
- Seek enduring relationships with community members based upon shared values and commitment to education, community, ʻāina, and culture.
- Adopt and apply a collective impact model to improve education outcomes.
- Support regional coalitions to build action plans based on shared understanding of needs and required solutions to accelerate Native Hawaiian learner gains.
- Formalize partnerships and improve supports focused on the Education Pathway Milestones.
- Work with school systems and collaborators to support programs that stimulate early interest in and preparation for college and career among preschool and K–12 learners and their families throughout the state.
- Create coalitions and action plans to improve the access, support, and success of students in completing postsecondary education/training within six years of graduating from high school.
- Engage in an initial set of collaborative initiatives with partners, such as reducing chronic absenteeism, supporting meaningful summer learning, and increasing family engagement.